Friday, August 13, 2010

Due to Computer Upgrades.....



I know today is Friday, and that's two days later than I usually post but my father-in-law bought me a copy of Windows 7 to pay my husband back for the computer he built out of our old computer stuff. So as you can guess, my husband was all too excited to get my operating system loaded, ie reformatting and re-installing for the last day and a half. Oh well I got some lovely photos for you in the mean time.


You will be proud to know that I was successfully able to exercise on three days over the last week including yesterday.  I mostly rode the bike but I was successful in getting to all of the exercises I wanted to yesterday. I weighed in at: 181.


As for any projects or progress this week I decided to work on a project for myself that I packed away and found again recently.  It's a scarf crocheted from embroidery floss.  I started it back in 2005, I think, and worked on it on and off through 2007.  When I pulled it out, I realized I couldn't remember what stitch I had been using and that I had a better pattern in mind to make it more appealing, so I took it apart and wound it into what I thought would be one ball, but in fact turned out to be about 4 smaller balls and one large one.  It turns out that I had crocheted to a point then flipped around to the other end then crocheted to a point and then did the same thing again a few more times.  I can't really say I knew what I was thinking back then, but since then I have grown so much in my knowledge and technique that I was able to turn this project for the better.




On a side note I also bought myself a present on Wednesday.  I was buying some yarn for a project I'm going to be starting soon and I mistakenly happened to wander over to their books section and pulled out a book I've checked out from the library more times than I can count, Kyuuto! Lacy Crochet:



I first checked out after seeing it somewhere online, since I love japanese sewing books.  It's lovely, and the patterns are so pretty that I have ended up using them for gifts several times.  Chronicle Books, who publishes the "Kyuuto!" series of craft books has a really wonderful repertoir of craft and sewing books I would suggest.


Anyway, happy week everyone.

~Fraise

1 comment:

Whit said...

YOur are one busy lady! I love all the crocheting you've been doing it's beautiful work. Love you