Monday, June 22, 2015

Driving Marathon


So for the first time in my adult life I have driven outside of the state as the driver.  I drove the whole way from Bountiful, Utah, to Thermopolis, Wyoming.  Granted the fact that we were obligated to take my vehicle probably had somewhat to do with it.  I feel like I've hit some kind of obligatory benchmark in adulthood though it's been somewhat delayed compared to my peers.  It was fun, but I miss getting to enjoy the scenery more.  My husband says that's one of the drawbacks to being the driver.  We stopped and got the obligatory ice cream cone at the Little America, and ended up driving the last hour in the complete dark.  Thankfully the only deer we saw were the dead ones we saw along the road during the day.  In all I'd say it was a very fulfilling day for me an my family.


No comments: