Friday, March 25, 2011

The Greatest Endeavor of Our Lives

wedding photos by Bret Baker

They took the first step towards creating a family of their own.  Yesterday, my dear friends, Matt and Megumi were married and sealed for time and all eternity. I was so proud of them and I can only imagine how pleased their parents must have been.  Her dad married them, and I was told that there was not a dry eye in the room.  Unfortunately we worked and were only able to make it to the reception.  I haven't been to a funner one in a long time.  They had a photo booth setup that took four separate photos, one set printed went into the photo-book being put together by Matt's sisters and one set had their names printed and the date for guests to keep as a souvenir of the evening.


wedding photos by Bret Baker
wedding photos by Bret Baker

Meg's pretty bouquets and all the corsages and boutonnieres were made of silk flowers specially by her mother.

wedding photos by Bret Baker

Everything was so lovely and the food so good, I hated to leave as early as we did.  We had to leave early because we have to get up at 4:00 am so my husband can get to work at 5:00.  Afterward my husband and I looked through some of our own wedding photos and reminisced about our own "first day."   We talked about what we would do over, like having some one to help us make a wedding video, as well as talking about our favorite parts of that day.

I wish Matt and Megumi the best.  A toast to the great adventure ahead of them!

~Fraise

No comments: