Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Catch-up


Oops!  I ended up working an extra shift this week and for some reason it helped me forget it was Wednesday until too late it was Thursday, and I've been trying to play catch-up ever since.  So, my apologies dear readers.

Well, as you can guess I've been working a lot this last week, one of my jobs is getting ready to do it's inventory next week and we've been scrambling to get everything done in time.  So unfortunately the only gardening I've been able to do is my daily watering sessions every morning, but I was still able to get a few photos for your enjoyment.


Do you remember these little cucumber plants??  Look how big they are getting!


The rose at the beginning of my last post is actually a hybrid miniature tea rose.  I fell in love with it last year and had to get it.  Funny thing is that last summer it did the same thing that that my Icelandic poppy is doing this year.   It blooms flowers of a different color on the same bush.  In fact last summer I got peach, yellow and pink roses,  Does anyone know why plants do that some times?



My mom have been celebrating the beginning of summer by eating fresh cut salad and radishes out of her garden.  I know that those radishes look a little small, but they are sweeter that way.  Mmmm!  I just can't wait until mine are big enough to eat!



Well, I hope that the rest of this week goes by a little less hectically.  See you on Wednesday!

~Fraise



P.S. Isn't the process of a strawberry turning red adorable?  It starts turning pink from one side, progresses to turn all pink then slowly moves on to red.  It's like it's blushing!

No comments: