Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wednesday Weekly Blurb



It's that time again....my weekly update on the stuff I've been up to over the last week.  Well, you remember the flower bed by the side walk (I posted somewhat updated photos on Sunday)?  Well, I actually worked hard on it last Saturday and here are the fruits of my labor:




I know that it looks a little sparse right now but those ground covers I planted will eventually fill things in some and I'm planning on transplanting more plants into the bed as I go along.  I might even finish cleaning out the left side of it and transplant some of those gorgeous orange asian poppies I posted on Sunday.  We'll see.  I'm also going to thin out the phlox in the bed to the left of the path and add it to part of the back of the currently cleared bed to add more diversity.

I'm looking for any suggestions you all might have for shade loving plants/flowers/shrubs that I could put in that bed as well.  I know 'bleeding heart' and ferns like the shade.  I would also do hosta too but I'm not sure if they are selling any more in the garden centers.  I might just have to wait until late summer when my mom thins her hostas out.  Anyway, if any of you think of a plant that would work well in my little bed please leave a comment and let me know.



As far as my exercise regime and diet are going, they aren't really.  I know I need to have more will power.  I'm hoping that all the cleaning up and hauling and work I'm doing in the yard is helping some.  My goal is to start trying to get done a little bit of exercise each day and then build up on it as I get more space in the house cleared and maybe get my outside bike cleaned up and I can start riding.  Wish me luck.

~Fraise

No comments: