Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

 
We decided to keep it low key this year since we have to go to bed so early usually and we had Mirna and Gabby over, who are scared of the big fireworks.  So it was quiet but nice family party consisting of us, my brother, parents, father-in-law, and Marina's family.



Unfortunately due to the fact that my father-in-law's grill died, we were unable to barbeque, but the chicken still turned out nicely in the oven and we were able to make a salad from the garden.  It was nice to just enjoy a meal together and to talk and spend time together.


The girls got their own table, with chairs their size and plate to match their chairs.  I think it was especially relaxing for Marina since she really didn't have to do anything except feed her kids. (They brought their own macaroni since she didn't think the girls would eat what the adults were eating).


It was also fun to introduce the girls to sparklers.  They were a little scared at first, but we had a lot of fun after we showed them how neat they were.


I think my mom had a lot of fun interacting with the girls too.  I think it would be fun to start doing a family night all together, once a month.


So while the men talked about freedoms we enjoy in this country, we girls had tea parties, and read books and went on a walk around the backyard. 


In all the freedoms I was most thankful for was the freedom to spend time with my family, no matter that we are different.  I hope you had a fun 4th and that you were able to enjoy the company of your loved ones.

~Fraise

No comments: