Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Privilege to Serve



Don't you love the opportunity to take one person's un-needed goods and help to fill someone else's needs?  Marina mentioned that she had a bunch of baby clothes she wanted to get rid of since she didn't plan on having any more babies and asked if I knew anyone that was having a baby girl.  Of course me being 30 that's not that hard to come by, but I thought of my mission companion, Melissa.

This was the scrapbook page I did for our companionship in my mission journal, forgive the poor execution.

She above all would be a person who would welcome the clothes.  Up until now she wasn't sure if she could have children, and so her pregnancy came as a complete surprise and delight to her and those of us that love her dearly.  So for the last couple of weeks I have gathered, in a few trips to Marina's, the baby clothes and other gently used items she wanted to pass on.


It has been fun to go through the clothes.  I decided to help Marina out in that I would take them, however she could give them to me and launder all the clothes myself, since most of them had been sitting in her garage in bags for the last 6 months.

Oxyclean soak for brightening and stains ☺




I also thought it would be a good opportunity to check for any extra wear and tear, make repairs, and set aside a few items to make Marina and the girls a little surprise.  Can you guess what it might be?


Here's a hint.

I'm so excited to get it done.  I'm still working out the design, but once that is finished I will be able to get started on it. ☺

Anyway, here's to helping to pay it forward and help other people!

~ Fraise

No comments: