Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Coming to you barely alive........



That's right folks, I said barely alive, as you would be too after  spending about a day and a half in airports or on planes.  I'm so glad to be on solid ground, even if it started raining just before I touched down here in Zagreb, Croatia.

So how did I get here, you ask?  Well, a good friend of mine happens to be from this delightful country and needed help kid wrangling.  Long story short I got the job, so here I am. ☺





I started out in the good old Salt Lake airport, from there stopped in Minnesota for a three hour layover, then a 8-9 plane flight to a thankfully almost empty flight to Charles de Gaul in Paris.  From there thanks to my excellent french and a few wrong directions from the crew at the Air France desk (I think she was just having a bad day), for another hour and a half layover.  This gratefully, allowed me to sample a bit of heaven on earth, (French yogurt is to die for!!!).  Then lastly onto a noisy puddle jumper with BritAir along with about half the plane full of silly southern french men out on holiday to go game hunting in Croatia, all of which with the sense of humor of a 14-year-old boy. ^^0  True men always do as my husband likes to say.



So here I am in the lovely home of my dear friend's parents, about to bed down for the night at what is here 8:30 pm or 20:30 for you die-hard euro-standard people, like myself.  I can't wait to see what happens next on this exciting two week saga in in the old Austro-Hungarian empire (aside from this rearranged keyboard, that is). 

Wishing you laku noć, and slatki snovi.

~ Fraise

No comments: